Evening on the Oregon Coast

Evening on the Oregon Coast

Thursday, August 26, 2010

2nd Pregnancy and new inspiration, BABY NURSERY!

~Pregnancy~
I started this blog several months ago and have not made a single post. My 2nd Pregnancy is to blame, while it was the best news I could have, it has been a much more difficult than my first! I am now in my third month and have more periodic spurts of feeling good or at least not feeling extremely nauseaous or so tired I can barely full myself together. Maybe it's my new outfit (nothing exciting, but comfortable and somewhat stylish), but I feel great today and inspired to get my life back. Not just for me, but for my sweet 2 1/2 year baby girl that has so patiently sat on the couch with me for weeks and for my husband who has been doing double duty of bread winner and bread maker at home taking care of us, LOTS of love to that man! After 3 ultrasounds already, I feel very in love with this sweet little baby and am already starting to get those nesting tendancies, which can be good and bad. Mainly because I have grandeous ideas for the nursery and because I want to get rid of everything that clutters my home, including my wardrobe, is this normal other Mommies out there? I've never been an over the top person to have an overly elegant home or nursery, but when you think about new bedding, wanting to put up wainscotting around the room, new paint, most likely a new piece of furniture and at least a new mirror and rug, things start to add up...real quick! I am nervous if it is a little boy like my body has been telling me, because that would mean new clothing too, I am thinking of finding someone in the harbor that would like to trade, or starting a trading clothing club with friends of sorts. I will find out my answer to that question on Oct. 7 if baby cooperates!


~LET THE FUN BEGIN~
Now wrapping up the subject of my life for the last few months and on to more exciting design things, NURSERY IDEAS and INSPIRATIONS! I will post the pictures I have found that inspire me and maybe a before picture and then I want to sketch some ideas and see if I can scan them onto here. That way I will have a record of all of my hard work and planning!


Room improvements: While we just finished a full remodel of our house last year, this room was always left for last and never really got a face lift and continues to be the catch room, originally acting as a crafting extra sleep space room, we ended up moving the crib in there and it is now a mess and I can't stand it. I want to keep the crib under the window and take everything else out, I will use our wide dresser from storage and decopage the top (because of water damage), but should give it tons of character. I will bring in my favorite rocking chair and wainscott the wall and hopefully add a plate rail for pictures or decor. Otherwise I will add an above eye level shelf around the room on the 3 tall walls.


Girl Plan: Recover my Pottery Barn surfer girl bedding from Capri's baby room and mix and match floral and abstract Amy Butler Fabrics to create a vintage garden feel. Make billowy curtains. Maybe paint the walls, but I love Khaki as a base for a girl, I don't like overdoing it in pink. I am also loving the pairing of lavendar and aqua. Here are my inspiration fabrics:




PURPLE INSPIRATIONS:


Boy Nursery Ideas:

I have been torn between a vintage surfer style, or a very navy nautical room. I have found it very, very hard to find vintage surfer and when I say vintage surfer it is a retro california style. Almost like a Hollister Co. Shirt. Here are my boy inspirations:
Navy Nautical:



Retro Surfer Inspirations:



         
 Bedding above is Ollieandlime.com
Wall art is from Etsy.com - I love the blue paint color with white accent.                                                                                           

Well, this is my start off point, hopefully I will have better direction when I find out if it's a boy or girl on Oct. 7. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment