Evening on the Oregon Coast

Evening on the Oregon Coast

Sunday, January 17, 2010

New look for an old table



DIY Project
We all know we get a big bang for our buck by putting a little elbow grease into making something old and making it new again. I love this antique shop that is in Gearhart, OR. To make this project at home, just find an old pedestal table, preferably one with a slab top and four padded chairs. I love craigslist, goodwill or checking my local paper for yard sales to find these items. Go to your local fabric store (always google for in store coupons or check your paper) and find an inspiring fabric to make the chair seat covers with. If you are not a seamstress, just look for a good deal on chair covers. Once you have been inspired, go get your paint to match!  Use a top coat sealant, one that is safe for food contact. I strongly suggest you find the fabric first, because it is always easy to match paint to your project. It is much more stressful to try and find fabric to match your paint, been there and learn from my mistake. Let me know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment